Mgr, Billing Compliance & Verification
Comcast’s Billing Compliance and Verification team is searching for a technical leader with a strong understanding of billing system tables, functions, and processes to join the core Bill Governance organization.
This team is responsible for supporting large-scale enterprise-wide programs, working on a cross-functional team that drives standardization and simplification efforts across bill architecture, design, build, configuration, and implementation while supporting an operational governance framework that supports the implementation of standard policies and processes, and ensuring effective stakeholder engagement and communications.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, communication, logical thinking, billing and finance knowledge, and triaging capabilities, with a demonstrated ability to “think outside the box”, work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Responsible for serving as the cross-Division voice for billing compliance functional requirements, driving product and statement design to support bill governance functions.
- Serve as a strategic and forward thinking functional expert during business process review workshops and user story creation as part of biller/statement enhancement program delivery activities.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort. Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Manage, approve and govern national requests for continuous statement and biller improvements across all biller platforms (Brite:bill, CSG, Amdocs, NextGen) inclusive of intake, feature and release process management
- Manage governance activities for ISCM, Atlas, OCR, recat and JIRA tickets as they relate to billing compliance activities with direct impact to customer statement accuracy.&
- Provide technical assistance to aligning teams during creation of requirements, including edge case scenarios, biller table / code impacts and review of solution documents (HLDs) for alignment to original requirements&
- Govern the implementation and use of CRs across divisions, including impacts to code tables, and solutions to division scenarios through existing CR enhancements while retaining a focus on maintenance of a single bill format across divisions&
- Manage CI, CR and feature prioritization, policy and process impact identification, partner with divisions and TQM teams during business acceptance testing.&
- Serve as bill table and reporting expert to improve content targeting, version management, recategorization file expertise and triage of data challenges impacting statement details
- Advocate for the Billing Compliance POV throughout activities and communicate key features leading to the successful delivery/enhancement of biller/statement platforms
- Attend elaboration sessions to ensure business requirements are understood, express desired business functionality, and participate in integration solutioning
- Participate in statement compliance audits, facilitation of team meetings, creation of status reports, and preparation of executive presentations to communicate billing compliance accomplishments, challenges, opportunities, and recommended courses of action
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with budget expectations and to strategy.
- Consistently exercise independent and appropriate judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- 8+ years in a billing development/support role, operations role, or closely related position preferred
- 3+ years as a manager or team lead preferred
- Previous Comcast experience preferred; experience in a Comcast Division IS team preferred&
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer