Military Experience Welcome!
Benefits for New Hires start Day 1.
Responsible for the deployment and testing of the Company' s internet protocol network and transport infrastructure to meet the requirements of the Regional Area Network (CRAN) and Commercial Network. Plays an important role in the testing and certifying of new hardware, configurations, and services prior to deployment to the Company Network.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what' s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Deployment of Comcast Network Equipment
- Provides technical advice and support for real time analysis, control, and operation of the Regional Area Network and Commercial network devices.
- Executes existing test plans.
- Interfaces with Network Engineering to maintain the integrity of the test bed area.
- Tests and certifies configuration, hardware and new features prior to deployment to the Converged Regional Area Network and Converged Commercial Network.
- Provides technical Tier 2 support for network problems and simulation of network issues.
- Works to ensure that all systems and bug fixes are complete in new releases.
- Works with vendors on new product releases.
- Maintains consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications.
- Keeps the appropriate people informed and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issue.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong written communication
- Build relationships with both internal and external partners
- Strong understanding of project management
- Understanding of fiber optic networks including CWDM and DWDM deployments.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer