Test Engineer 1
Job Title: Test Execution E1
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT) or in any related technical field.
- Flexible to work in Shifts between 6.00AM to 3.00PM and 12.00Noon to 9.00PM.
- Minimum 1-2.5 Years of experience in an IT or product testing or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Comcast have an exciting role for a QA Test Engineer on Comcast's Consumer Products Test team within the Premises Technology Comcast India organization. Our team works closely with our internal and external development partners to develop and conduct quality certification tests on Comcast's video customer premises equipment (CPE) products.Efforts within the Consumer Products Test team help ensure a world-class customer experience for the millions of Comcast customers on our X1 platform applications and more!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for White Box & Black box testing of the CPE products and interfaces.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of problems and defects; able to initiate investigation processes, identifies and reproduces bugs or defects and drives issues and improvements to resolution
- Assists in developing Quality Assurance test philosophies and methodologies; assists in identifying viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality
- Assists in developing test strategies, and designing quality assurance practices; Able to contribute to engineering investigations which includes identifying, reproducing, and resolving product defects
- Work in Agile/Scrum methodology ideally in a fast-paced DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1-2.5years of hand on experience in QA testing.
- Candidate must have good experience in Functional/Non Functional testing.
- Ability to understand the QA processes and adhere to the same.
- Candidates worked in video/STB domain are preferable.
- Must have fair knowledge on Linux commands.
- Must have worked on any of the QA tools like Test Case Management Tools (Zephyr/HP ALM/HP QC/Rally etc.), Bug Tracking Tools (ClearQuest/Jira/Bugzilla etc.)
- Must have test and break attitude and dive deep to analyze the issues identified including log analysis.
- Must have strong experience in test case preparation & execution.
- Ability to works with technology partner/vendor teams to troubleshoot problems
- Must be good at communication (oral/written) & a strong team player.
- Must possess the ability to write simple code in any of the Programming/Scripting Languages: C and/or Java or C# or Python.
- Candidates with knowledge on any of the Scripting Languages (Python/Perl/Power Shell/Java Script), will be an added advantage.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer