Quality Assurance Engineer
Data Engineer 3-Job Description
At Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center (CSV) we're changing the way America views entertainment. Literally. If you love being on the cutting edge, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast's history.
We're looking for a dedicated and passionate DevOps engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building and operating scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as Python, C/C++, & Java. We are building a large scale and high performance cloud based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As a Data Engineer, you will specialize in developing tools for a continuous deployment of a cloud based networking service platform. You will also help operate and monitor the service.
- Development and design of systems, with a focus on automation and maintainability at a large scale
- Software and hardware testing and deployment to staging and production environments
- Platform integration: Programmatic infrastructure management
- Develop software infrastructure and build tools useful in the dev/deployment lifecycle
- Support data requests and develop ETL/Analytics tools as needed.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, qa, monitoring and other cross functional teams
- Maintain and monitor production systems for capacity issues, performance and conduct proactive health-checks
- Incident trouble shooting, with quick remediation for issues
- 4+ years as Systems Administrator/Engineer, Data/DevOps Engineer or platform developer in a mid to large Linux environment
- Strong IT/Ops background with focus on Process and MOPs
- Strong Linux fundamentals, with experience in Centos, RPM
- Strong grasp and practical experience with automation and virtualization of at least one cloud platform (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, AWS)
- Familiarity with deployment and management systems such as Puppet, Salt, Chef, Ansible, Packer, Terraform, etc.
- Docker, Kubernetes and Container Orchestration experience
- Expertise in building/maintaining/sustaining monitoring systems like: nagios, op5, etc.
- Strong with at least one scripting and/or high level language: Python (preferred), Scala, Java, Shell, Perl, Golang
- Production experience working with load balancers and web stack based application environments
- Solid grasp of operating and managing NoSQL DB such as Cassandra, Hadoop
- Familiarity with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- Systems and application monitoring and performance tuning knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with messaging systems like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka is a must
- Experience in AWS VPC, Networking and Security
- Self-motivated, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in building, maintaining, supporting Cloud based applications with 24x7 monitoring of logs and alerts.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Master's preferred.
About Comcast Silicon Valley
Looking for an environment with a startup vibe where your ideas affect millions of users and go from conception to deployment in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center is hiring talented, focused and dynamic people to build a growing set of products. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, skilled people let the best idea win. We offer awesome benefits including: free lunches, and free on-site access to the Moffett Towers Fitness Club.
Please respond with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Build, configure and improve tools for deployment and automate them, administer and monitor both AWS and OpenStack cloud platforms using Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible, setup/monitor Influx, Grafana and ELK stack among other powerful big data tools.
- Collaborate with the development teams to establish, harden, enhance operations processes and document them, to improve the operability and supportability of our platforms.
- Write and maintain scalable system administration methods and support performance testing.
- Develop/Configure platform infrastructures for the production and the lower development/test environments
- Develop software tools and processes for better utilization of underlying cloud resources.
- Monitor performance ofinfrastructure and application components in production and in lower environment 24/7, as part of a globally distributed EOG support team.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve live production issues using various monitoring/test tools/resources.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.