Scientist, Enterprise Data and Analytics
Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide
insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making
process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool
selection. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for
colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops and executes statistical and mathematical solutions to
business problems. Frames problem, develops roadmap, and communicates
intended approach and quantitative methods to develop solution.
- May serve as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional
teams. Mentors and train junior team members.
- Improve products and services or solve problems using best practice
and knowledge of internal and or external business issues.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts
of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical
techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and
machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models,
LTV, propensity models). Build customer centric models and optimization
tools to support large scale projects that utilize online & offline
data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data, and
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that
provide future predictions about customer behavior.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans
based on applying data science techniques to business data.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational
Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer