Developer, Application Development (Multiple Locations)
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires!
This job is being posted for Centennial, CO, however candidates will also be considered in the following geographical areas: Seattle, WA; Sandy, UT and Livermore, CA.
Responsible for system development, analysis, design, certification, testing, implementation, and documentation of new and existing web/software applications. Works with minimal guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Writes application codes, develops user interfaces, develops unit test cases and harnesses; creates design, interface, system, and user documentation; tests software and interfaces, supports end-to-end and performance testing, and performs other tasks needed to complete projects.
- Provides functional and technical troubleshooting for existing applications and performs fixes/enhancements as needed.
- Assists in testing and troubleshooting hardware and applications to ensure integration with product deployments.
- Works within project specifications to meet goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner; raises issues expediently that could impede the project specifications or timelines.
- Develops deployment software and application administration software as well as creates deployment and application support documentation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Works with other developers in a virtual environment (not a work from home position).
- Act as a committed team member to ensure a positive work environment and successful project/task completion.
- Occasional travel required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior web application development experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft SQL tools.
- Strong SQL querying and relational database design experience.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting business requirements into quality code.
- Demonstrated experience with compatibility and quality assurance testing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Reporting Services, iOS/Xamarin Development, and UI/UX skills are a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer