OSS Tools Scrum Master Intern
The Comcast Technology Internship Program is an 11-week summer program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students.
Over the course of the summer, your experience will include:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Department and Position Overview:
The OSS tools team, as part of the Repair & Support domain, provides custom-developed tools to support our internal customers such as technicians and call center agents . These tools, which run and are supported 24x7, are built on various platforms and technologies, including Java, Hbase, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Oracle, and SNMP. Many of these tools query the devices located in customers' homes, to proactively identify or troubleshoot service issues. As an integrated DevOps team member, the scrum master will manage DevOps delivery of defined requirements, ensuring that commitments are met and progress is consistently communicated.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
As a scrum master on this exciting team, you will be responsible for delivery of various projects for the OSS Tools team, serving as the key point of contact for the project, aligning development, testing, and operations resources to accomplish specific goals, and hosting all related scrum/agile ceremonies. The scrum master is responsible for keeping Rally (our planning and task management system) updated, performing capacity planning, prioritizing work, and reporting status to executive leadership and program management. As a key resource in the success and delivery of various projects, you will get a unique opportunity to interact with lots of business partners, program sponsors, leadership team members, peer scrum masters, developers, testers, and operations engineers.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a United States-based college or university
- Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Current and future authorization to work in the United States of America
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
The scrum master should be organized, a clear communicator, and a fast learner. We are looking for a self-driven, motivated team member who is willing to jump in and tackle challenges. Familiarity with basic project management principles and experience working as part of a team is required. Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively to team members is preferred, but can be developed during the internship.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer