Director, Product Architect - Prepaid
Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic,
tactical, and operational initiatives targeted at managing the
information technology technical roadmap and landscape. Identifies key
technology, business, and operations drivers regarding required
availability, growth, performance, and usability. Maintains a
comprehensive view of current information assets, program/project
architecture, and future information needs while delivering data
effectively and efficiently across projects and programs. Prepares
recommendations for hardware and software solutions. Defines technical
and operations systems success metrics. Provides leadership and
direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops
and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility
for developing and managing budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Drives the development of tactical and strategic solution
architecture, data architecture, BSS/OSS architecture and identity
management to fully manage/support enterprise needs, services, systems,
and technology management.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage solutions across technologies and
for business unit technology enablement. Plans and designs new or
upgraded systems. Manages the evolution of enterprise product and system
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, tools, and utilities.
Designs and tests simulations. Completes data migration, plans
upgradeability, documents system, and resolves problems.
- Translates functional needs into information technology solutions,
including hardware platform, database, networking architecture, systems
integration, failsafe, disaster recovery, and security.
- Establishes integrated core technical operations objectives for
finance, human resources, payroll, and other back-office functions.
- Defines business and operations systems success metrics. Establishes
departmental process model for benchmarking, standardization, and
- Develops and conducts tests of system integration, functional layers,
and entire system.
- Provides direction and leadership to team members.
- Ensures the effective use of the information management systems
throughout the Company.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer