Sr. RFP Manager - Federal
- The Sr. RFP Manager is responsible for winning moderate to large complex Federal Government business opportunities and will lead proposal direction.
- He/she will not be the be the initial account module lead, but will be involved as a dedicated leading resource once the Public Sector Leadership determines to pursue an opportunity based on multiple criteria.& &
- The Sr. RFP Manager will then oversee and be responsible for the opportunity at release through pursuit and award.
- The Sr. RFP Manager will work on selected opportunities and oversees bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies.&
- The major focus for the Sr. RFP Manager is to manage the opportunity through the proposal process utilizing all internal resources necessary.&
- The Sr. RFP Manager will be involved in developing the business case to secure the corporate resources necessary for further pursuit of opportunities and additionally identifies the resources required to pursue a bid, establishes any infrastructures required, processes, and plans necessary, and manages their execution.
- Work in close cooperation with internal (Sales and Business Development, the Program Management Organization (PMO), Product, Finance, Contracts, Offer and Proposal Management and external teams (vendors, partners, advisors, and consultants) to develop winning strategies and execute responses to complex and challenging opportunities.
- Lead cross functional team and ensure support of senior management and appropriate allocation of needed resources and capital.
- Develop positioning strategies to maximize win potential and when opportunities result in RFPs, works closely with proposal development staff to develop responses to RFPs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively plan and manage response efforts to lead and win new business and complex critical re-competed expiring contracts.
- Full responsibility for contract wins and losses within the Capture Program and is responsible for overcoming any obstacles that stand in the way of a contract win.
- The Sr. RFP Manager is expected to identify and manage matrix resources to respond effectively at every stage in the opportunity lifecycle and provide critical leadership from early capture strategy development through the post submission phases of the bid.
- The Sr. RFP Manager is expected to take active, hands-on, developmental roles in all facets of proposal development and provide clear direction to technical, contractual, commercial and management teams on expectations and what is required for success.
- He/she will develop and implement capture plans and strategies, have a firm comprehension of the customer's requirements, hot buttons, challenges and issues, understand the strengths/weaknesses of our competitors and develop/implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- They will also establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to deliver a profitable return at a winning price.
- Track the status of potential opportunities that have been identified as targets.
-& Review bid opportunities and develop bid/no-bid decisions with supporting rationale.
- Develop detailed proposal plans inclusive of solicitation summaries, competitive analysis, intended win themes, resource requirements and intended assignments, proposal development time-lines, risk analysis, return-on-investment analysis and cost of capture projections.
- Develop, in detail, and continually re-evaluate and, if necessary, re-define the winning bid strategy.
- Communicate bid strategies to the proposal team and to management. Develop strategy reports & presentations as requested for review. Assemble appropriate bid teams with the cooperation of the Program Management Organization (PMO), Sales and Business Development, Proposal/Offer Management, Contracts, Product, Finance, and other internal and external resources.
- Assign appropriate general responsibilities & specific tasks (with deadlines) for all proposal staff assigned. Effectively manage the productivity and contributions of all team members (including those assigned from outside the channel) to produce the desired results.
- Continually analyze the status of proposal development to ensure progress toward the defined schedule.
- Continually analyze the company’s competition and formulate plans to develop and maintain advantage.& &
- Identify and select the most appropriate team partners, when needed. &
- Develop and negotiate teaming agreements, statements of work, and subcontracts directly. &
- Properly identify all risk and develop clearly defined risk-mitigation strategies.
- Develop appropriate business models with management and the commercial response team. &
- Take direct responsibility for developing and writing the executive summary and any other sections where a dedicated resource has not been assigned.
- Develop status and analysis reports and presentation for regular review and as requested. Quality check work performed by all team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and driven leader with a “sense of urgency” to stay in front of opportunities.& Closing on customer business and technical requirements to deliver an exact winning solution. Ability to analyze opportunities and appropriately assess their value to the company.
- Ability to analyze solicitations and appropriately define resource requirements and budgets.
- Knowledge of telecommunications competitors & industry trends.
- Ability to analyze opportunities, requirements and bid evaluation criteria to develop the most effective win strategies.
- Ability to translate and implement creative strategies into winning bids including a thorough understanding of price to win analysis.
- Ability to appropriately resolve staff productivity, performance or other problems.
- Ability to solve business problems with the company’s competitive positioning and solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate requirements for technical, contractual, commercial and management response.
- Ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning solution including holding diverse matrix resources accountable for timely and quality deliverables.
- Possess excellent written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, organizational time management skills, team building skills, and display a strong sales presence
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing capture management in the federal IT and/or telecommunications market.
- Experience driving capture efforts with wire line telecommunications technologies and recurring revenue business models
- Proven experience leading and winning contracts either in the Federal Civilian Agency or DoD markets with knowledge of respective acquisition / procurement policies and regulations
- Knowledge of the proposal development process
- Ability to use Microsoft Word to create, edit, and publish routine documents; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet package to organize, tabulate, and analyze data; Microsoft Access database package to tabulate, analyze, and report data; and project management package Microsoft Project to plan and manage large, complex proposal efforts, and Microsoft PowerPoint to develop presentations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MBA or equivalent advanced business degree desired
- Federal procurement training desired
- 10+ years of experience performing capture management in the federal IT and/or telecommunications market
Secret clearance desired. Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation upon hire. This position requires a U.S. citizenship for purposes of meeting minimum qualifications for access to classified information and for purpose of potentially obtaining a Security clearance.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer