Sr. Software Engineering Manager, Digital Home
The Digital Home team is seeking aSenior Manager of Software Engineeringto lead ourDigital Home Platform team. This group is responsible for creating the services and applications that support Comcast's Home Security, Home Network Management and Internet of Things products. We are passionate about our products, our engineering, and our people! #DigitalHome
In this role, you will directly manage one or more multi-disciplinary teams of software developers and test engineers. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to lead project initiatives for Digital Home applications. You must be a strong, hands-on technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic thinker, have excellent communication skills and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Directly managing one or more multi-disciplinary Engineering teams (approx. 5-10 Engineers including full time employees and contractors)
- Providing regular feedback and coaching regarding both job performance and career development
- Leading the development and release of one or more projects across Digital Home applications
- Providing guidance to engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements, contributing to functional strategy development.
- Ensuring partnership between engineering and product, UX, and other teams
- Partnering other discipline leaders across the Digital Home team client applications, middleware, etc-leads to ensure teams follow SDLC processes and conventions, enabling successful execution against the Digital Home vision.
- Driving strategy and oversees the future development of various Comcast products and services across multiple platforms.
- Leading the evaluation of new and existing development by ensuring customer feedback and best practices are used to evolve and improve.
- Providing direction to keeps teams aligned and on track, without stifling dissent or neglecting needs to adjust course.
- Self-Development via an awareness of one's strengths and weaknesses, and openness to others viewpoints.
- Demonstrating interest in others, encourages adaptive development and promotes a sustainable team culture.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years managing software engineers, setting goals and developing career plans
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Fundamental understanding of HTTP protocol and caching
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful web services
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years professional experience developing microservices in a web scale environment with high availability
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Experience leveraging public cloud services (AWS, Cloud Foundry, Azure, Google Cloud) and infrastructure
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer