Development Eng. 4
Founded in 1963, and headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses: NBCUniversal and Comcast Cable. NBCUniversal operates 30 news and entertainment cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks & Resorts. Comcast Cable Communications, LLC ("Comcast Cable") is the nation's largest video, highspeed internet, and phone provider to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand. Comcast has invested in technology to build a sophisticated network that delivers the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications, home management offerings, and business services.
Comcast Cable has opened a subsidiary in Chennai, India (Comcast India Engineering Center I, LLP) and has begun hiring staff at various levels. In order to ensure the successful integration of these employees into the Comcast Group (and to ensure business continuity among our U.S. and Indian offices). Comcast India is located at: We are located at-
Comcast India Engineering Center
Chennai One SEZ, Phase 2 (5th floor)
North Block, Phase 2, Module 7&8,
Pallavaram-Thoraipakkam 200 Feet Road,
Thoraipakkam, Chennai-600 097.
Responsible for developing, organizing, and managing the application development and web services. Leads the execution of assigned design and layout solutions
Assigns projects to, and leads the work of designers, developers and Testers.
Knowledgeable of the industry, web, service and cloud -related standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a mentor resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert in relation to service development and Architecture. Responds to client requests as required. Consults with development, testing, and other interfacing teams to plan development activities.
- Proactively identifies issues in production and comes up with Improvements to the platforms. Remains abreast of industry trends and applicable technologies such as Web Services, security issues, authoring tools, graphic design tools, cloud and new languages.
- Plans and integrates new web design technologies into platforms. Communicates with other team members regarding technical requirements of related projects.
- Analyzes traffic/metrics on the services and recommends any necessary changes. Works towards memory allocation for the various services on the cloud.
- Provides technical support and participates in Customer meetings. Collaborates with consuming teams on the Interface requirements.
- Analyzes business requirements for the design elements of the application. Provides the detailed design for the applications. Follows AGILE process and works with the scrum master as necessary.
- Monitors the schedules and budgets of projects.
- Participates in developing prototypes and concepts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Apache CXF-REST and SOPA services development framework.
-Apache Camel-Apache Camelis anopen sourceframeworkformessage-oriented middleware with a rule-based routing andmediationengine that provides aJava object-based implementation of theEnterprise Integration Patterns using anapplication programming interface (or declarative Javadomain-specific language) to configure routing and mediation rules.
-Spring Cloud Stream for Kafka- SpringCloud Streamis aframeworkfor building message-driven micro services. -SpringCloud Stream builds upon Spring Boot to create DevOps friendly micro service applications and Spring Integration to provide connectivity to message brokers.
-Eureka-Service Registry and Discoveryfor cloud services
-Zuul-Is an edge service that provides dynamic routing, monitoring, resiliency, security, and more.
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Information Sciences, Technology
Years of Experience-Generally requires 6-8 years related experience
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Oppurtunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.