Specialist 2, Construction
Have you built an underground plant and aerial plant? If the answer is yes, please read on!
Responsible for overseeing/monitoring and possibly assisting with the activities of construction contractors to ensure residential and commercial construction projects or system maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards. Administers aspects of construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning as well as timely project activity reporting. Acts as lead in teams and projects and has strong project management skills. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline and is able to effectively manage multiple projects that are occurring simultaneously. Works with moderate guidance in own area of expertise. Must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with highly technical individuals as well as customers that may have little technical knowledge.
Must have previous Telecommunication Cable Construction Hands-On Experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such
as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer
facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe
operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to
project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to
ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular
safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are
maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer