Director, Security Investigations - Cable HQ
Responsible for planning, conducting and monitoring a wide variety of security investigations associated with criminal and or dishonest/unauthorized acts against Comcast. This position is a direct report to the Executive Director of Cable Security and will direct and manage investigation surveillance, interviews/interrogation, case documentation and resolution steps. Position will be responsible for the development of investigation plans, maintenance of case files and implementation of mitigation actions in concert with Comcast legal professionals and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. Will liaison directly with Cable Division Security Investigators, providing appropriate guidance and coaching in the conduct and completion of complex, enterprise-wide investigations. Provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Accountable for insuring that the security programs and strategies of the Company are effectively implemented and maintained.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and oversees investigations relating to criminal or other acts which have or may have detrimental effect on the company. Prepares and documents investigations for HR, legal \ counsel or law enforcement agencies.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as a primary point of contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees, business partners or customers.
- Directs, oversees and acts as a Cable Headquarters point of contact with the Comcast Legal Department on multiple types of investigations (Code of Conduct, Business Integrity Line, Theft of Service, Workplace Violence, etc.) at any time assuming control of high stress investigative situations.
- Supports the Executive Director of Cable Security in managing, assessing and prioritizing investigative case load.
- Directs and manages key and high profile or sensitive investigations. Conducts interviews/interrogations of suspects, witnesses, and victims. Works "undercover" as appropriate to perform "sting" operations and or controlled illegal equipment purchases.
- Sets strategic vision through the implementation of best in class security and risk management practices, this role will ensure protection and security of the Division's employees and assets.
- Employs world-class investigative techniques and doctrine to counter criminal and or dishonest/unauthorized acts against Comcast.
- Contributes to and support the overall strategy for the Corporate Security team and drive collaboration across the Cable Divisions.
- Supports the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism and tampering, sabotage or loss.
- Provides leadership direction to security staff and consults with senior management to ensure the safety of all employees.
- Oversees the operation and management of the department in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, training, etc.
- Creates and maintains critical partnerships and relationships with different business units including but not limited to Real Estate, Facilities, Finance, Government Affairs, Human Resources, Employee Engagement, Legal, Marketing, Public Relations, and Technical Operations.
- Develops and maintains a cordial rapport with VP-level leadership of all functional areas.
- Develops and monitors the vision and direction for the development of department budgets and forecasts.
- Provides rapid notification to Security leadership on any matters likely to become high profile or covered by media.
- Performs periodic site visits to security functions of subordinate business units.
- Ensures there is a reliable and sound tracking system for archiving data to be used in potential investigations as well as retrieval of data for security matters.
- Directs and oversees investigation, surveillance, documentation,reporting and resolution steps.
- Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions.
- Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy.
- Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy.
- Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Provides testimony under oath in municipal, superior and federal court as required.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary and be available on call 24/7 as situations warrant.
- Travel locally and nationally approximately 25% of the time.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Business, Criminal Justice, Law
- Generally requires 12+ years related experience
- 10+ years prior federal, state law enforcement or military investigative experience.
- 3-5 years management/leadership experience in a corporate security or law enforcement environment.
- Familiarity with State and Federal laws impacting security methods and investigations.
- Experience conducting multi-jurisdictional investigations in collaboration with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, and to efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Cable / Communication industry experience beneficial.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer