Senior Director, Triage Operations
Responsible for triaging technical operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, working with development teams in implementation of the bug fixes, and contributing to new products implementation, implementing existing products and services. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to engineers in a complex and multi-technology environment. Implements and promotes a customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting engineering operations. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Lead all efforts of issue resolution-triaging issues, performing root cause analysis, identify solutions and collaborate with multiple teams including business, development, QA and Release Management for their implementation to prevent re-occurrences
- Collaborate with internal (Product Management, Business Operations, Customer Care and Network Operations) and external partners in ensuring high quality of service and customer experience
- Lead the technical operations team that provides operational and application support to all the systems (inclusive of partner systems) within the Xfinity Mobile ecosystem utilized in delivery of services to customers, and tools used by Care and Retail agents.
- Ensure the availability of XM services; evaluate, analyze, and monitor the app and supporting infrastructure to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitor, isolate, triage, and resolve outages and impairments
- Ensure operational readiness and provide technical operations support for new technology launch/migrations. This would typically include establishment of operational processes, metrics and operational assessment of new technology, and implementing measures to minimize negative customer experience.
- Proactively identify gaps in the designed service layer across OSS, BSS and telecom systems, web portal and mobile apps. Institute preventative actions to eliminate future incidents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Effective communication and leadership skills, with a sense of humility
- Ability to build, maintain, and enhance strong relationships
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 12+ years related experience
- Experience in operating a broad set of technology platforms, especially OSS/BSS & telecom systems
- Deep working knowledge of eCommerce platforms, Java, Web Frontend technologies, event-driven architecture, micro-services
- Innovative problem solver, grounded in facts
- Extensive track record of working cross-functionally and with vendors
- Strong analytical capability and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent
Master's Degree preferred
Field of Study:
Engineering, Computer Science
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer