Director, Product Development, machineQ
Comcast's machineQ business is building a platform for connected things, which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world. From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with machineQ services.
As a "start-up" within a Fortune 50 company, the machineQ business is uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast's group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector. The Product Team drives the evolution of the machineQ platform from how clients interact with us, how we present our services to the general public, up to customizing our own sensor hardware. We critically assess the structure, operations, and business models of potential customers across various industries, and work diligently to understand how our solutions can help organizations based on their specific needs.
The Product Director will be responsible for product development and business ownership for a new IoT solutions software platform building on top of existing machineQ technology. This includes managing the platform through its lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements and helping with creating external go-to-market strategy including value proposition, target market, pricing models and marketing programs. The Product Director will work closely with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Operations, Business Development, Marketing, Legal and Procurement. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with significant leadership experience and depth of engineering expertise in software development, cloud services and IoT in-general.
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the product roadmap and business strategy for a new IoT Solutions platform.
- Understands and partners with Engineering on product architecture, underlying technology support and integration with third party cloud solutions.
- Manages and prioritizes product backlog across all stakeholder groups. Partners with Engineering leadership and manages third party resources to execute feature development.
- Applies expertise in state-of-the-art product technologies and is relied on by top management to serve as a proxy for the market.
- Coordinates with sales and marketing to assess client and industry needs and identifies possible solutions to meet those needs.
- Accountable for profit and loss or budgetary management of assigned products.
- Develops business cases and supporting documentation.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of what platform components machineQ builds internally, acquires from third parties or develops in partnership across the IoT value chain from sensors/devices through the network to applications and data analytics
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with budget expectations and to strategy.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires 10+ years of overall related experience with a mix of product development, business and engineering leadership roles.
- 3-5+ years of product development experience in an IoT/M2M services, or enterprise software.
- 4-8+ years of software development experience with enterprise software, websites, mobile applications, etc.
- 2-4 years of people management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a Business focus
- MBA is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, yet unstructured environment
- Moderate travel (20-25%) required across the country and occasionally internationally. Position will be located in Philadelphia, PA.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer