Senior Manager, Firewall Support
The Senior Firewall Manager role is responsible for the overall execution of the tactical security control and management of Comcast's Datacenter Firewall environment. This position will ensure all production firewalls and surrounding infrastructure and technologies operate in compliance with all established polices and SLAs, across all aspects of the datacenter framework. This position will oversee the operations of FW security operations in our Reliability Engineering organization. They will oversee the execution of firewall change management and assist with technology and firewall solution planning and adoption. The senior manger must also have a proven track-record of leading an operations team through the delivery of multiple projects and support a 24x7 team schedule for production events. The manager must have experience developing strong business relationships across peer organizations to colloborate on new Comcast products and services. The senior manager should have working knowledge of application designs and configurations. Knowledge of systems and server technologies is a plus.
- Responsible for the effective monitoring and management of all firewall issues that the Firewall Reliability Engineering team is responsible for delivering
- To support an effective incident management response to firewall incidents, so that firewall Operations support the security strategy and policy and considers risks and appropriate legal, regulatory constraints
- Incident Management decision maker within a defined scope responsible for ensuring that mitigation controls and incident response are appropriate and delivered in a professional manner.
- Manages a team of Firewall Security professionals to build high performing and well-motivated team.
- Responsible for the delivery of target improvements, productivity gains and cost efficiencies.
- Work closely with Network Engineering, Architecture and Applications teams to ensure technical requirements adhere to architectural guidelines that can be processed into working designs with high availability.
- Directly manages the daily operations of a 24x7 team ensuring coverage is supplied end to end in support of the Data Center network elements and the applications running over the network.
- Creates opportunities for network automation
- Responsible for data center network metrics and reports on team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) work completed successfully, reject rates, open issues, proactive remediation, audit compliance etc.
- Responsible for developing new metrics and KPIs in support of Comcast's key applications and Customer Care initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree infield of security such asComputer Engineering or Science, Information Sciences Technology, Cyber Security or Equivalent
- Recognised certifications (CISM, CISSP) or accreditation
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- 5+ years of Security Operations experience.
- Problem solving
- Analysis & interpretation of data into useful management information
- 5 years of knowledge of Security management, network and information security, people security and running of one or more services within a Security Operations Centre.
- Technical working knowledge and proficiency with firewalls, proxy, malware detection, network signature-based IDS/IPS, network anomaly detection, mitigation and behavioral analyzers
- Excellent management skills with the ability to build high performing and well-motivated teams.
- Well versed in Incident and Change management
- Effective Communication, including verbal, report writing & presentations skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer