Senior Director - Big Data Engineering
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Senior Director of Engineering, who reports to SVP Engineering R&D. FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV. FreeWheel New York Engineering Team is part of our global engineering team who are building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar deals, handle billions of daily requests and process tera bytes of raw data everyday.
· Scale and manage a smart, diverse and fast-growing New York based engineering team to build maintain and scale the data pipeline and infrastructure of a world-class SaaS platform
· Form technical strategy and design for the data team and product as a visible engineering leader
· Partner with Product Management and Operation Team to deliver all releases on time with high quality
· Interface with global Engineering and Operation teams in different time zones, incorporate their innovations and vice versa
· Executional focused, guide the team accomplishing the roadmap, both from business and technical perspective
· Continuously improve processes to improve quality and throughput that are highly measurable
· Be hands-on in design, coding and testing to guide the team by example.
· Work with a smart, diverse and fast-growing New York based Data Engineering team to deliver all releases on time with high quality.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand, document and prioritize key technology decisions, processes and business needs for data.
· Partner with Data Science team and business teams to adopt best technical practices for business and research requirements
· Build technical identity of engineering team inside and outside the company.
· Proven and experienced engineering leader or technical leader in data engineering who has work experiences in a dynamic organization with mature process
· Rich experience to build and grow a software engineering team from ground up using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
· Demonstrated ability to represent the team, establish an efficient and sophisticated communication with both technical teams and business-oriented groups
· Known for smart, logical thinking and detail oriented
· Flexible and well fit in a global team-oriented culture and environment
· Technology oriented, keep up with the cutting edge in one or more relevant technology direction, including but not limited to: ad tech, cable system(SCTE-130), mobile, data(MySQL or Hadoop), GoLang, and Linux system.
· Hands-on rich experiences to design and build big data pipeline and infrastructure with AWS native services such as (EMR, EC2 instances, Data pipeline, Glue, Elastic beanstalk, RDS, S3, Lambda, ELB-elastic load balancer, SNS, SQS, Kinesis), and Hadoop stack (YARN/Kafka/HDFS/Presto/etc)
· Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL, preferably MySQL and Redis
· Experience with BI, data warehouse and analytic systems, preferably MicroStrategy/Tableau/Looker
· Experience with building B2B enterprise software will be a plus
· BS or Master degree in relevant major or equivalent experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer