Principal Engineer - RDK Analytics
Comcast is looking for a Principle Data Analytics Engineer who will support RDK Product Management, Development, Engineering Support and Executive Leadership teams with collecting and analyzing data from various sources to solve key Business use cases. The ideal candidate is adept at analyzing large data sets to find opportunities for Product and Process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of various courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of Data mining and Data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with Stakeholders throughout the Organization to identify opportunities for leveraging Company data to solve Business problems and drive Business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from multiple data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product trials, product development, product marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
Key Skills :
- Overall 8-10 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field. Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience coding in one or more statistical programming languages (R, Python etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Expert level coder with experience in Java (open to candidates with C/C++ OR Scala).
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: open to candidates with GLM/Regression, OR Random Forest, OR Boosting, OR Trees, OR text mining, OR social network analysis
- Experience creating data architectures and querying them at large scale optimally.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: SQL required.. prefer candidates that also have Map/Reduce, OR Hadoop, OR Apache Hive, OR Apache Spark, OR Redshift etc.
- BI Tools Desired-experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, OR Business Objects, OR Tableau, OR Grafana, OR Kibana etc.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer