Director, Integrated Supply Chain
The Director of Business Process Reengineering (BPR) is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO). The role involves a combination of responsibilities including partnering with key internal and external stakeholders and leadership to develop and clear short and long-term roadmap aligned with overall priorities, while achieving a world-class supply chain. In addition, the Director will ultimately be responsible for team development of leading highly visible supply chain (systems and process transformation) initiatives.
- Lead, organize and hold accountable individuals and teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Team development and mentorship
- Design and communicate to senior level leadership (VP/SVP) as well as internal stakeholders overall supply chain systems strategy and roadmap to support scale, efficiency, and improved customer experience.
- Own the development of business project plans/schedules.
- Ability to validate and synthesize business and technology efforts into one unified plan.
- Ability to manage in near real-time basis, project risks and issues through mitigation and resolution plans.
- Incorporate PM methodology to ensure consistent delivery of high quality projects.
- Lead organizational change & readiness activities by ensuring deployment validation and transition of support processes.
- Drive continuous process improvement through the use of project closure survey feedback, team process assessments and general insights.
- Develop communication deliverables to project partners.
- Partner with business and IT to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions
- Lead project workshops and meetings as required.
- Accountable for defining future state best-in-class' solutions and ensuring the successful deployment for all of the operational components for the strategic systems. Focus areas include Sales, Marketing, and ordering service.
- Reduces variation from processes so that simplification is obtained and operational efficiencies are gained.
- Creates clearly defined and mutually agreeable success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Uses a methodical yet collaborative approach to each project by: 1) Measuring the process and questioning the capability and quality, 2) Defining the problem statement, 3) Performing a gap analysis between the customers' expectation and current process performance, 4) Standardizing solutions around best practices, and 5) Repeating the steps for continuous improvement.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with a matrixed cross-functional team (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment and solution excellence.
- Fosters an environment of empowerment, openness, inclusion, and objectivity all while striving to deliver solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Works with our HR counterparts and identifies plans for change management, communication, and training needs.
- Responsible for all commitments within assigned organization and dependencies across the department.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, MBA preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer