Director, Business Development
The Strategic Development Business Development team builds new businesses and leads Comcast's partnerships to improve Comcast's products and services and drive growth.
Responsible for executing on new growth opportunities across a variety of business and technology sectors. Works with business, product and technology stakeholders to understand their objectives, formulate strategies and tactics and how external partnerships can drive results. Develop strategy and goals for partnerships and how they impact current businesses. Identify potential partners, build relationships and finalize agreements. Negotiate terms and conditions of business agreements. Gain internal consensus and approval for partnerships.
Provides leadership and direction for working with external partners. Research new technologies and industry trends to understand market players and norms, business models and product use cases. Develop strategies based on data, analysis and research for Comcast to develop or enhance our products and business opportunities.
- Works with business owners on an ongoing basis to understand business objectives and identify partnership, deal and contract priorities
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities and create business plans to gather support for new ideas
- Screens potential deals by analyzing market strategies, internal interest, overall potential, deal requirements, and financial impacts
- Manages deal process by coordinating and documenting requirements with stakeholders throughout the organization including finance, legal, government affairs
- Collaborates with business owners and stakeholder partners to develop and adapt negotiation strategy and positions
- Utilizes best practice legal and deal structures that can be applied to negotiate new deals
- Perform due diligence on potential partners, including managing internal resources to perform subject matter specific diligence
- Maintains and expands relationships with partners
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 7-10 years of experience including 5-7 years of Deal Management experience negotiating with large companies.
- Experience negotiating large complex custom deals with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Proven experience with navigating large complex organizations.
- Strong Project Management and Business Consulting skills. Ability to influence non-direct reports.
- Experience with acquisition and investment activities and/or deal management preferred.
- Subject-Matter Expertise in industries such as technology, content, media, advertising technology, telecommunications, cable, or data.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Business, Finance
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Position located in Philadelphia, PA
- Travel up to 25%
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer