Test Execution Engineer 2
We have an exciting role for a QA Test Engineer on Comcast's Consumer Products Test team within the Premises Technology Comcast India organization. Our team works closely with our internal and external development partners to develop and conduct quality certification tests on Comcast's video customer premises equipment (CPE) products. Efforts within the Consumer Products Test team help ensure a world-class customer experience for the millions of Comcast customers on our X1 platform applications and more!
We are looking for a highly motivated technical person who will help drive change and help others to constantly come up with better solutions to evaluate product quality, performance and the customer experience; as well as make suggestion for improvements. We are looking for someone who does not just know how to solve problems, but who helps define the problems and direction, creates value, and pioneers new frontiers in Quality Assurance.
The QA Engr 2 will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and executing tests for Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) video products. Using significant levels of available test automation, the Senior QA engineer will support fast-paced testing of video products and ensure that test programs are delivered at high quality, on-schedule, on-budget and successfully deployed to the field. Assists in managing project teams, developing test strategies, and designing quality assurance practices. Able to deployment manual/automation solutions to the fast-paced devops paradigm, quickly tailoring solutions to help identify, reproduce, and triage lab/field defects. Able to establish and maintain product test standards, procedures and methods to enable seamless and efficient hardware/software product releases. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Assists in developing test strategies, and designing quality assurance practices; leads and able to contribute to engineering investigations which includes identifying, reproducing, and resolving product defects
- Responsible for White Box and Black box testing of the CPE products and interfaces.
- Collaborates with Product and Development teams to identify product and technical requirements
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification
- Assists in developing Quality Assurance test philosophies and methodologies; assists in identifying viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality
- Familiar with advanced video test automation frameworks and industry trends
- Reviews project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis
- Assist in the identification and resolution of problems and defects; able to initiate investigation processes, identifies and reproduces bugs or defects and drives issues and improvements to resolution
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in QA testing with hands on experience in different kinds of testing
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology ideally in a fast-paced devops environment
- Development Experience and background preferred, must be able to understand the architecture and dig into code
- Deep understand of video product regulatory requirements and test in areas such closed captioning, EAS, IP video streaming, audio/video codec; Dolby Digital Plus, Bluetooth Distribution, EAC3, and other
- Strong experience in home networking protocols and technologies such as Bluetooth, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, DLNA and other
- Hands-on experience with device/consumer products test, ideally in high performance video applications
- Strong troubleshooting and root-cause-analysis skills; able to lead cross-functional team triage
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to effectively present to varied audiences
- Ability to identify problems or opportunities within the scope of the department's projects
- Strong background in working in highly automated product test environments and able to assist in test automation/maintenance when necessary
- Develops, verifies and deploys reliable, efficient and cost-effective test plans and test cases focused on intelligent risk based testing
- Proven ability to works with technology partner/vendor teams to troubleshoot problems
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance; able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Technical Skills
- OS: Strong Linux Skills, Shell Scripting skills
- Languages: Good knowledge of C and/or Java , C#
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.