Software Engineer (.Net)
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge
and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess extensive experience in the design and development of complex applications.
- Seek out opportunities to tweak areas of the code base to improve efficiency and performance, maintainability, and/or flexibility of the design.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and deliver high performing applications, which meet organizational needs.
- Work closely with software developers to design, develop, test, configure and maintain existing and new software platforms.
- Package and support deployment of software releases in a timely manner and work with Quality
Assurance team to ensure that the application fits specification and technical requirements.
- Participate in peer-reviews and provide technical suggestions to teammates
- Participate in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams-developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholder
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experientially proven) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with Dev Ops/Agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience in designing and building test tools and systems
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in designing and building advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience on any third party deployment tools
Additional Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, SOAP)
- Experience in designing API
- Experience in technologies and tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy is a plus
- Experience with but not limited to NUnit, MSTest, mock objects.
- Experience in TDD
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Azure) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming, SOA
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer