Senior Network Engineer
Responsible for the design, implementation, operational support of the Xfinity Mobile internet protocol network. Provides expert-level technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing, and operations of internet protocol router/load balancer networks, etc. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Provides technical leadership and directions as a primary technical resource on internet protocol network technologies.
- Analyzes internet protocol network design and traffic flows for network optimization.
- Configures network to efficiently distribute customer traffic.
- Building monitoring capabilities to detect application performance anomalies using netflow.
- Analyzes traffic engineering data to forecast network capacity requirements.
- Follows engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for internet protocol networks.
- Provides technical support for internet protocol network problems.
- Provides technical training to technicians and other operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the regions and local markets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer