Sr. Front-End Web Engineer
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is looking for a skillful Front-End Web Engineer to join our newest product team, Xfinity Mobile! As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented and passionate people. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer facing web interfaces focusing on high volume and highly availability, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Provide technical solutions in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems
- Participate actively in agile practices by collaborating with product owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, and other team members in such activities as grooming user stories with cross-functional development teams
- Participate in the architecture, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of our systems
- Responsible for engineering best practices leading to excellent overall quality of software
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including extensive web programming experience and proven architecture skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience in UNIX environments, npm, Webpack, Jenkins, and nginx is preferred.
- Excellence using git for version control.
- Mastery of component-based front-end web frameworks such as Angular2+ or React.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs, integrating with APIs, data serialization and JSON.
- Excellence debugging and using Application Performance Monitoring tools.
- Ability to mentor other developers through code review and pair programming.
- Domain knowledge of eCommerce and telecommunications is preferred. This includes understanding of line provisioning, porting phone numbers, billing cycles, returns, and exchanges.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer