Senior DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer focused, solutions oriented DevOps Engineer. This position is accountable for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Data Management platform and tools Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications, back-office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 7*24 environment Positions focus on architecting, building, deploying and stabilizing infrastructure and data services, systems, tools; driving standardization and service focused instrumentation; provides subject matter expertise; resolving break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; and partnering/leading vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Takes lead on issue resolution activities, using knowledge of complex and company-wide systems.
DevOps engineer responsible for planning and development of new software, infrastructure, and operations components. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications and data management solutions. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Be responsible for end-to-end software development in a DevOps model
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new hardware and virtualization architecture to support rapid software development.
- Designs and develops application performance management.
- Designs and develops automation tools to support devops initiatives.
- Designs new software applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and rollouts of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Experience overseeing technical details of project from inception to launch, delegates to other technical resources while setting direction.
- Engineer end-to-end solutions which requires interaction with other engineering teams like Storage, Systems, Platforms, Networks and Backup & Recovery
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with little to no supervision, providing team leadership skills.
- Must be able to support 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Analyze and solve problems and recommend improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results required.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration required.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, DevOps tools Jenkins,Docker, Ansible, Nagios, Kibana etc.,
- Requires understanding of complete SDLC and Experience with continuous integration, test-driven/behavior-driven development, and agile, scrum development methodologies
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Telecommunications experience Knowledge of Telecommunication/Cable billing, customer care systems e.g. DST, CSG and AMDOCS etc.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer