Lead Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics
The Lead Analyst of Business Intelligence / Data Analytics is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO). The role involves a combination of responsibilities collating business requirements from stakeholders, front end dashboard development, back end data cleansing and modeling, project management, and mentoring other junior developers in the team. The role also provides scope for participating in advanced analytics activities in the larger team.
- Based on stakeholder change or enhancement request, assesses data availability, technique, and tool usage to best satisfy the need.
- Interacts and collaborates with cross-functional group across supply chain, IT, finance, product development and others to design the best possible solution.
- Showcases ability to extract, collate, and transform data from disparate systems for reporting and analytics use.
- Design visually interactive and actionable dashboards using data visualization tools. Understand the needs of non-technical internal users to present the results that can be easily consumed and acted upon.
- Manage multiple projects / workflows at the same time and ensuring visibility of the progress to stakeholders.
- Solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches by developing predictive models.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Good at writing SQLs on different database flavors namely Oracle, Hive, Presto etc. Optimize and fine-tune SQL queries for performance.
- Solid understanding of big data analytics and data warehouses / data marts (including data extraction techniques / ETL).
- Experience in using a data analytics and visualization platforms (Tableau and / or open source).
- Experience is using data mining tools and techniques for quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in Scrum / Kanban SDLC.
- Coding / programming (VBA, Python).
- Project management.
Preferred, but not required:
- Working knowledge of supply chain management processes, systems, and best practices.
- Practical application/ use of Hadoop (or other open-source software framework for big data
- R programming language (or other related open source language that supports statistical computing)
- Exposure to advanced optimization (operations research), simulation
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain / Operational Research, or other related field.
Field of Study: Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science.
Years of Experience: Generally requires 4-6 years experience in the field of data analytics with focus on data modeling and dashboard development.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer