Analyst, Business Information Systems
Working within Finance's Billing Assurance group, this is a multi-facetted technical role focused on the Business product offerings to help ensure accurate billing. This role will learn product construct across a diverse suite of products by interfacing with various marketing, finance, operations, and engineering teams in the organization and build detailed data integrity reports to drive billing compliance.
- Perform requirements gathering, build, validation, automated implementation, and support of data integrity reporting. Identify new reporting opportunities.
- Extract and analyze critical and sensitive customer billing information from Comcast's data warehouse and enterprise data environments using ETL software. Integrate data from multiple sources into unified reports that support executive and divisional reporting needs.
-Responsible for facilitating UAT testing of newly built reports. Work with division resources to identify data issues and root causes, and develop technical solutions accordingly.
-Lead weekly calls with report users to present findings, support content questions, and drive enhancements to ensure reports are actionable.
-Responsible for maintaining a self-service reporting application. Ensure reports are actionable and remain aligned to current business practices.
-Support hardware and software upgrades, as necessary. Coordinate with System Administrators and software vendor and confirm successful implementation.
-Troubleshoot technical issues resulting in job failures and coordinate solution across appropriate groups (system administrators, database administrators, engineering, etc).
Required Skills and Experience
BA/BS degree in Computer Science. Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience
-Demonstrated proficiency with SQL coding a must.
-Minimum 5 years experience with end-user reporting tool such as BRIO, Hyperion, Cognos, SAS, Microsoft Reporting Services.
-Proficiency with shell scripting.
-Prior experience working in a Unix/Linux server environment a plus.
-Prior experience working with Oracle or Teradata databases.
-Prior experience with programming languages (JAVA, PYTHON) a plus.
-Experience working in a data warehouse environment preferred.
-Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Organized, structured, methodical
- Analytical with strong problem solving ability
- Strong prioritization and time management
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer