Lead Engineer, Blockgraph
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
BlockGraph, a startup being incubated by Comcast, is hiring a Lead Engineer in New York City to help build our technology platform from the ground up.
Blockgraph is a distributed peer-to-peer platform based on blockchain technology that will improve consumer data security and data-driven advertising effectiveness. We are working with the biggest names in TV and premium video to improve ad planning, addressable targeting, ad execution, and measurement across linear and digital TV. Our business aims to increase the value of advertising as a whole by allowing marketer participants to anonymously match their data sets with programmers, distributors and other marketers in order to target or analyze consumers on any device without giving up proprietary customer information.
The Lead engineer will be tasked with leading and growing a team of developers to design, build, and deploy the BlockGraph platform. This person will be tasked with solving several challenges associated with scaling a decentralized, cloud native, platform and will be comfortable applying modern engineering practices, methodologies, and frameworks. Given the startup nature of this organization, this individual will be expected to be a highly capable 'T-Shaped' engineer with deep expertise in a domain and genuine curiosity and interest in developing other areas.
The ability to effectively work within a startup organization is critical, you must be able to wear many hats and adjust focus as priorities evolve. BlockGraph works in an agile, lean startup mode so the work is fluid and fast paced. This position also requires being comfortable with uncertainty and balancing the needs of many large clients with speed of creation and innovation.
The ability to inspire and motivate a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team is critical.
This position will require occasional travel including international to clients in the US and Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Lead and motivate a growing engineering team
- Spearhead the design and development of a massively scaled, cloud native P2P platform
- Oversee and contribute to multiple projects while maintaining deep technical knowledge
- Act as a paragon of modern development best practices (you will help shape our development culture)
- Serve as a point of escalation for making technical decisions
- Lead technical discussions
- Partner with Product Management and other development teams to build world class software solutions
- Represent BlockGraph while working with clients and industry partners
- Contribute to BlockGraph's long-term strategy of peer to peer computing and decentralization
- Drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve the performance, availability, and scalability of the platform
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building micro-service applications in AWS (or a similar cloud)
- Excellent programming skills in one of the following: Java, Golang, C++
- Excellent data structures and algorithms skills
- Deep understanding of both algorithmic runtime complexity and architectural best practices
- Understanding and knowledge of modern security tools, development patterns, and best practices
- Fast to pick up new languages
- Known for being a smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
- Detail oriented, flexible in the way that a startup requires, comfortable in a very collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex topics effectively
- Strong analytical thinking skills and results driven personality
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer