VP, Digital Client Relationships
- Digital Segment Head, which serves as the leader of teams working with sell-side clients within the designated segment, across all FreeWheel solutions (software, data and markets)
- Deeply understand each client's business including corporate strategy, business models, key operating statistics, high-level technical architectures, key partnerships, company organizational structure and decision making constructs,
- Connect FreeWheel solutions with clients' strategic goals in order to build and execute on strategic account plans, and use clients strategic goals to inform product on future development
- Responsible for driving FreeWheel's narrative in market, demonstrating industry leadership with our solutions, and ensuring tight relationship alignment and advocacy across all client stakeholders (from Sales through Technology organizations)
- Accountable for:
- Segment specific revenue number
- Commercial Strategy (partnering with cross-org functions)
- New business Qualify, Pitch, Close
- Client relationship management across executive and users levels
- Client account health and revenue growth
- Contract renewals
- Ensure your publisher-facing teams cultivate deep, strategic partnerships with our clients we are part of their team, focused on their success
- Lead, motivate and inspire multiple high-performance, matrixed teams to execute on our strategic priorities
- Recruit, retain, and develop great talent who have the capabilities to deliver on our value proposition to the market
- Develop managers through coaching, mentoring, and performance management in order to build the leadership required to scale
- Partner closely with leadership across the FreeWheel organization to enable execution against goals. Key functional relationships include: Sales and Product Marketing, Partnerships &Business Development , Global Services and Product
- Ensure Product has up-to-date feedback from the market on emerging trends and capabilities that help shape product development.
- Be the voice and face of the FreeWheel Digital Segment in the industry, articulating and promoting the FreeWheel narrative
- A minimum of 12 years of senior-level sales, relationship management or general management leadership experience.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop teams across multiple geographical locations.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, specifically with experience across TV programmers, cable operators, telco and satellite companies
- Operating experience within a high growth, SaaS company
- Experience with video advertising technology, including programmatic solutions
- Deep background in working with digital video publishers, an understanding of the rapidly shifting ecosystem they operate and the associated implication on publisher monetization / yield management strategy
- Strong understanding of digital video ad tech stacks and the nuance of how publishers monetize their inventory (player tech vs ad servers, waterfall/unified auctions, client-side/ server-side, etc).
- Familiar with business, operational, and technical limitations and innovations across different platform / device environments.
- Solid understanding of the digital video value chain e.g. verification vendors, viewability vendors, DMPs, CDPs, ad networks, video players, syndication partners, etc. Must understand how FW fits in to the publishers' strategy in the context of their other partners as well.
- Able to carry through technical and business conversations with a Head of Ad Operations as well as Head of Programmatic
Critical Competencies for Success
Executive Leadership Ability: Demonstrated exceptional leadership acumen, interpersonal communication skills and executive presence; ideal candidate will have operated successfully on an executive team within a dynamic, high-performing business.
Achievement: Demonstrates decisiveness based on solid considerations and trade-offs. Makes decisions without hesitation. Prioritizes recommendations for process improvements based on overall benefits to the organization/client. Develops quantitative cost/benefit analyses to measure improvements.
Technical management: Track records in building strong relationship with Product and Engineering talent. Proven record in ability to inform product direction and work effectively with Product and Technical Services teams.
Change Management: Champions change. Takes direct action to reinforce the change effort. Has the courage to champion new initiatives even when benefits aren't clear to everyone.Advocates a continuous improvement culture.
Sales & Relationship Management: Track record of managing a book of business. Understands the sales cycle and is able to cultivate the right conditions to drive revenue objectives across an organization. Is able to manage both new business sales and develop existing commercial relationships to drive advocacy and longevity.
Other Personal Characteristics
- An ambitious leader with the aptitude to generate a long-term perspective on building the scope and value of the company's business
- A resourceful, competitively natured, executive with a strong sense of urgency but knows how to work collaboratively to overcome obstacles and seize opportunities
- A creative, imaginative individual who has the business acumen, curiosity and ability to work across emerging media paradigms
- Well-organized, ability to handle multiple agendas, prioritize and able to handle a multitude of activities at the same time. Attention to detail and follow-through
- Well-grounded individual who is able to manage and collaborate effectively. Able to communicate openly and directly, and not afraid to challenge or be challenged, welcoming thoughtful debate. An individual with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Strong executive presence and articulate communication style
- Unquestionable integrity
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer