Release Manager Engineer 4
Job Title:& Release Engineering 4
Technology Stack / Process Experience
- Deep Experience (at least 2 years) in Software Release Management – Planning, Change Approval Processes, Knowledge of QA/Certification checks & Deployment Processes
- Experience in independently anchoring Change and Release Management windows, coordinating with Deployment/DevOps, Delivery, QA teams
- Experience in handling adhoc releases based on business critical needs, making release rollback decisions based on health/challenges encountered during release windows
- Experience in anchoring/organizing Release management Calls with multiple stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Product Owners, QA & Dev Leads, Deployment / Operations leaders
- Experience in creating, monitoring & modifying Change and Release Management Processes-Policies through analysis of current methods
- Experience in Development/Testing of Web Applications & Web services for B2C / B2B needs, preferably in Telecom/eCommerce/Retail/Banking Domains
- Hands-on experience in generating executive & detailed reports for Change-and-Release Management windows
- Knowledge of Change-and-Release Management Processes for n-Tier Architecture (Frontend / Backend-API / Data / 3rd party components) based complex systems
- Exposure to Software Release management for Products/Systems based on & Linux environment over Private Cloud / Cloud Foundry / AWS ecosystem
- Well versed with Continuous integration and delivery, Jenkins, Ansible and other CDCI technologies
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment, with 2+ years in Release Management function.
Xfinity Mobile Release Manager would ensure the successful delivery of changes and releases to Xfinity Mobile Production (& Pre-Production) environments. The Release Manager is responsible for the change, release and production environment management process as well as integrated process design, optimization and policy.
They would anchor the day-to-day operations of the Xfinity Mobile Change and Release management, working alongside geo-distributed teams to effect deployments, post deployment validation & logical conclusion of Release windows with zero unplanned service impact.
- Plan, co-ordinate, execute & complete all Production Release windows with minimal service disruption & any unplanned downtimes / service degradation.
- Anchor all activities related to Planned / Unplanned Releases with senior business management to ensure minimal disruption to service delivery
- Active Participation / Anchoring of Change Approval board (CAB) meeting to arrive at release go/no-go decisions
- Work with Release Management, Business-Product-Delivery teams in the creation/modification of SLA’s about change and release management processes, procedures.
- Creating, owning and ensuring the maintenance of any associated release or change documentation and processes, including negotiating agreement for these with senior business representatives
- Be available to manage situations in the event escalation is required following changes or releases in Pre-Production / Production environments
- Provide the relevant management information relating to all changes and releases, including detailed trend analysis to show performance
- To engage in continuous service improvement initiatives in order to deliver a more effective, consistent service to the business
- Hold regular change and release performance reviews with business, product & delivery teams to discuss areas of success and areas of concern.
- Completing the relevant minutes to track any actions and feedback
- Work with the L2 DevOps / incident manager and incident management processes to recover services as quickly as possible in the event of a failed, service affecting change
- Define, document and maintain full roles and responsibilities for Change and Release disciplines
- Implement KPI metrics for measuring overall and individual success rates, and provide reports based on output
- Challenging stakeholder teams during planning to ensure the best possible agreement is reached and the appropriate plans are in place for smooth delivery and deployment
- Undertake any other relevant tasks, determined required by the Release Management leadership team
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work off regular hours and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and expertise:
- Hands-on experience as a Software / Product Release Lead.
- Experience with defining, monitoring, tracking, reporting & addressing challenges during Change and Release Management windows.
- Experience in working with diverse, multi-discipline teams spread across geos. Mandatory to have worked in an environment that had distributed Development teams Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, QA teams & L2/DevOps groups to accomplish overall project goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.