Lead Tech Support, Video Operations
Responsible for the end-to-end of lifecycle of content via the video and
IP asset delivery platform and ensuring a world-class level of service.
Reviews, edits and processes digital video assets, as well as, oversees
the upload and transcode operations of such assets. Successfully
prepares all media and metadata, verifying incoming content and
confirming receipt of content from the provider. Acts as technical
specialist within own area. May serve as team leader, but does not
- Serves as team lead in supervisors absence.
- Works with supervisor to coordinate scheduling effort for team and business needs.
- Works directly with support teams to track and resolve system issues.
- Delivers finished product to internal system for distribution within service level
agreement. Provides quality control of content both inbound and outbound.
- Receives and processes media and metadata from content providers.
- Supports coordinators, ensuring that issues they identify are being resolved.
- Tracks and uses daily metrics report to react to and improve upon content partner
or delivery issues.
- Builds and maintains content partner relationships with their peers.
- Troubleshoots or escalates issues that occur within the Video Operations value
- Serves as internal customer contact for 3rd party content providers.
- Serves as internal contact for outsourcing requests when resource availability
- Creates standard operation procedures and documentation of workflows and
- Coordinates, prioritizes, and processes incoming requests.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud; especially After Effects, Premiere and Photoshop.
Knowledge about closed captioning creation and application (MacCaption software).
Experience with automated workflows and building them out a plus.
Familiar with watermarking technologies, video and audio codecs and transcoding.
- High School or Equivalent
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of
work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer