Principal Solution Architect, X1 Syndication
As a Principal Architect with the syndication team you will provide technical leadership to Comcast engineering teams delivering cutting edge solutions for the Digital Home to our client partners across North America.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
As a senior architect on the X1 syndication architecture team you will work closely with the syndication platform, delivery and operation teams to architect solutions across Video, Broadband, Home Security, and Automation. The solution architecture team is a small and fast-moving team of technology minded individuals that are constantly seeking to innovate across all lines of business for Comcast and its client partners. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
The syndication architecture team values:
Inquisitiveness seeking first to understand before acting or suggesting a path to take. Ask clarifying questions when needed.
Individuals and interactions acknowledging that our job requires us to have and cultivate relationships with many different people across many different tasks and groups within the larger organization. These relationships are key for us to be effective in creating usable solutions.
The right' documentation Solution architecture requires us to create some amount of documentation as a means to communicate and focus people on the solutions and ideas that are discussed. This documentation allows us to collaborate and narrow the large ideas down to a needed solution.
Openness Nothing is gained by withholding thoughts, ideas, knowledge. We share freely amongst our team and freely with our larger organization so as to gather information around the edges of our ideas and formulate the best possible solutions for the data and the time.
Who does the Syndication Architect work with?
Syndication Solution Architects are positioned between the Comcast X1 Product & Engineering teams and our Client Partners. We work closely with product teams, business development teams, daily operations teams, engineering, architecture and delivery team. We are also work with Executives at all levels of Comcast and our partners. We will work with our partners on new feature intake, design and develop across the Comcast engineering teams and delivery and support across Comcast and partner dev ops teams. We are a group of experienced technical minds with a diverse skillset that excel at cross team architecture and delivery.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
In your role, you will be primarily responsible for designing client facing solutions for Comcast products across Video, Broadband, Security and Automation. You will bridge a critical gap across our delivery and engineering teams by building a technical knowledge center for our products. You will be able to design and develop new concepts all the way to implementation while, supporting new & existing product deployments across the above lines of business for the syndication team
Where can you make an impact?
You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to while we roll out world class solutions across Video, Broadband, Access Network, Home Security, Automation, IOT, etc.Success in this role is characterized by ongoing team development, staying ahead of partner needs and providing robust and creative solutions to support successful deployment of our technology at our partners.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation in the architecture and development of capabilities meeting organizational business needs for our partners
- Liaise with the technical leads, developers and product architects to promote great software design and quality and work as part of a cross-functional feature team to deliver complete, high-quality, end-to-end solutions.
- Develop multi-tenant architecture for existing and new Comcast products for delivery across multiple partners
- Proactively collaborate with other development teams and internal customers to evaluate dependences and ensure architectural consistency.
- Evaluate business, data, and technical requirements; communicating solutions and risks to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution efforts and ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Provide technical guidance to team members, mentoring and assisting less experienced colleagues.
- Enable and encourage innovation by mentoring engineers and making appropriate technological choices.
- Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation.
- Proof of concept design and development
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required and 2+ yrs. of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software architect.
- A proven track record of leading large-scale, development life cycle projects, incorporating best practices.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills; technical, project and personnel management skills.
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with integrating products in a scalable and performant way.
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications.
- Thorough knowledge of Web Standards.
- Experience with Amazon AWS.
- Experience with Agile as software development methodology.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
About Comcast CTS (Comcast Technology Solution)
CTS (Comcast Technology Solution), is a division of Comcast Cable, serves the advertiser, content provider, global operator, and technology markets with a complete portfolio of products and capabilities designed to meet the evolving needs for content distribution and monetization in a multi-platform world. Built on Comcast's robust media and entertainment infrastructure, Comcast Technology Solutions offers a breadth and depth of expertise, spanning twenty years in broadcast and digital, to help customers deliver engaging experiences and forge new business models.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer