Eng 1, Engineering Ops
Responsible for participating in project teams, researching technical
topics related to Company operations, new product implementation,
assisting with existing products and services, and the overall upkeep
and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Performs event
correlation and identifies probable root cause; provides trouble
isolation, basic troubleshooting, and break/fix activities.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Collects and organizes technical data related to assigned projects.
Presents data and findings for review at the next level of engineering
- Reads and analyzes technical references and sources to obtain
knowledge of assigned Engineering Operations topics. Identifies common
operational and technical problems with standard solutions. Escalates
more complex issues to senior Operations Engineers.
- Leads operational readiness testing. Resolves basic issues uncovered
during testing and escalates issues to engage appropriate resources.
- Identifies potential instrumentation, automation, and standardization
required for successful implementation of projects or continued
stabilization of deployed products.
- Works towards industry standard certifications and education.
- Works with peer operational teams on project implementation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer