Senior Platform Service Delivery Analyst
Are you passionate about digital media, video entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? Do you thrive on delivering new services or solving problems that lead to unblocking issues with deploying a new service and or technology?
The Platform Service Delivery Engineering team is a growing, fast-moving team of world-class experts who are innovating in end-to-end IP video delivery. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility. The team is driving the delivery of many cutting-edge changes to how Comcast delivers IP video to customers.
The Service Delivery Analyst 4 works closely with Service Delivery Engineers and stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of IP Video Projects. This includes analyzing deployment requirements and defining deployment strategies and help decomposing into deliverable tasks. The Analyst partners with many roles including capacity management to understand the IP Video applications data processing, throughput and storage needs, as well as growth projections to determine deployment phasing and establishing tracking metrics and robust performance models. These models will be used to validate that applications are performing as anticipated, highlight application issues, and to establish plans to scale the application infrastructure over time.
The broader Platform Service Delivery Engineering team is a diverse collection of software engineers, operations, systems and network administrators from all walks of life.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
In this role, you will be performing a lot of project, service and infrastructure related analysis. Examples include:
- Create and maintain performance models for existing and new applications.
- Perform "what if" scenario analysis to support business decisions, forecast infrastructure needs, and budgeting.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to the scalability and resiliency of applications.
- Identify and create advanced application performance metrics to monitor for improved application reliability.
- Interact with Service Delivery Engineers and stakeholders to analyze complex projects and break them down into detailed and functional tasks.
- Create and present analysis and planning interdependencies to project, partner or senior leadership stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's of Science.
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Project skills.
- Understanding of application performance, scaling and load dependencies.
- Experience with application performance metrics.
- Great communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies to both engineers and leadership.
- Strong collaborator.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
- Big 5 firm consulting and system integration experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer