Sr. Director Product Engineering
Responsible for producing technology solutions that satisfy business and
product needs both now and for the future. Focuses on technology
strategies for the development of future and current products. Acts as
the interface to third party vendors from a business and engineering
perspective with respect to requirements generation for meeting company
goals and with respect to licensable technology. Provides leadership and
direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the
development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business
strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this
strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Architects solutions to satisfy business and product needs in near and
long term timelines.
- Provides complexity and cost estimation. Develops case studies,
roadmaps and models to influence strategic spending.
- Influences design and development strategies across platforms, teams
and third parties.
- Researches and leads others to research new technology areas. Works
with industry partners to develop new standards.
- Works with staff to develop prototype solutions and/or model solutions
to prove out technology directions. Manages a team that works with
technology licenses creating requirements documents for licensable
technology and provides the test procedures/environment to validate the
device is meeting the requirements
- Contributes to software, hardware, VLSI, firmware processes, design
reviews etc. Contributes to Company's internet portal portfolio in the
form of patents.
- Advises customers and stakeholders in technology related issues in
- Leads review of architecture descriptions and requirements.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of architecture team
processes and standards.
- Represents architecture team in project and governance settings.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Eqvuivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 12+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer