Software Development Engineer 3
Job Title: Engineer 3 (Software Development & Engineering)
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline) with equivalent work experience.
- 6-8 Years of (relevant) experience in a Telecom domain with a strong focus on telecom software design and development.
The Voice Application Software Developer will be responsible for designing and building highly scalable, real-time Cloud based applications, using Open Source technologies, for providing Over-the-Top (OTT) and Value-Added-Services (VAS) to Comcast’s Residential and Business Voice customers.
- Design and development of voice applications starting form requirements gathering through supporting deployment and post deployment maintenance activities.
- Research, investigate and analyze various Open Source software.
- Build quick Proof of Concept (POC) and prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Share knowledge with other teams.
- Design and program highly scalable real-time applications for new OTT or VAS offerings.
- 6 – 8 years of experience in the Telecommunications industry with a strong focus on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) software design, architecture and development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in telecom software design and development using C/C++, Java or Python.
- Experience in developing applications using Mobicents/RestComm Application servers or other Open Source software like Freeswitch/Kamailio is an added advantage.
- Strong communication, software development and design skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a proven track record of working independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Experience in developing software using Agile methodology.
- Working knowledge of tools like SIPp, Wireshark, Netscout IRIS, Spectra HP ALM, JIRA and Rally.
- Self-starter and result oriented.
- Committed team player, able to work both independently and interact with non-technical audiences.
- Proven results orientation and accountability.
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Multinational and multicultural project experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role.& It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer&