Devops Engineer 2
Job Title:& Engineering Operations Engineer 2
- Java based Development/Support experience in& micro services using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Stream in a Linux environment over Cloud Foundry / AWS ecosystem
- & Experience with Setting up/Configuring Messaging Middleware / Queues : Kafka, Zookeeper
- Hands-on exposure to Continuous integration and delivery tools-Jenkins, Ansible and other CDCI technologies
- Experience with connecting to & troubleshooting different Databases : Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis
- Hands-on experience in performing DevOps / L2 role for large scale Business-to-Consumer Applications
- Proficiency in supporting applications running in Linux Platforms using Shell scripts, commands and other utilities
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Provides Live Production Support for our Billing Applications built on Java/J2EE stack, hosted as Microservices on an On-prem as well as Cloud Foundry/AWS based ecosystem. & Performs Incident, Problem, Change & Release Management support as per ITIL processes for the relevant applications. Analyzes alerts, error logs, incidents raised& by Users / L1 teams and drives them through closure.& Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.&
The selected person should be a team worker who has experience working along with a geographically distributed team. Strong troubleshooting and Problem solving skills to understand, analyze the issues reported and perform quick workaround/mitigation to minimize business impact.
- Provide end to end L2 Production Support of our Java & J2EE based applications in the terms of Incident, Problem and Change & Release management activities.
- Perform a quick & accurate triage of issues reported to be either escalated to L3/other teams for support or resolve with existing MOP/SOPs
- Monitor all alerts and coordinate with various teams and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution.
- Participate in multi-disciplined teams that will lead the standards for different technologies.
- Providing the SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) to the L1 team to increase the first time resolution rate.
- Work closely with the L3 teams on the permanent fixes and enhancements.
- Work on automation to reduce the manual work to increase efficiency.&
- Work with our team in USA for shift handover and other BAU activities.
- Work on the shift rotations between 8AM IST and 8PM IST including weekends and public holidays.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and expertise:
- Hands-on experience with the Technology stack mentioned above, with a minimum of 2 years Development experience
- Knowledge on DevOps tools like Nagios, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Jenkins, Ansible and etc is a plus. Familiarity with DevOps toolsets is an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer