Sr. Software Engineer
We're looking for a driven, team-oriented senior engineer with proven experience in delivering resilient and scalable web services implementations. This role is roughly 80% development and 20% technical leadership and mentoring.
We build highly available and scalable APIs and web applications using Java and cloud technologies including Kubernetes, Docker and a variety of AWS services. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes. We practice Agile methodologies, plan rational schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented programmer to be challenged and build upon existing programming and technical design skills.
- Collaborate with technical program management, leadership and other engineers to architect, design, scope, estimate, implement and test product features.
- Ensure products meet their SLAs; participate in the resolution of production outages as needed.
- Identify, capture and advocate for practical investments in technical debt.
- Provide technical mentorship to less senior engineers.
- 7-11 years of object-oriented design, programming and testing experience with Java.
- Experience building and supporting applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficient in system design and architecture, particularly with cloud and service-oriented architectures, performance, and scalability.
- Experience with design and usability of APIs.
- Excellent ownership, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Experience with Agile project management tools and methods.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer