Specl 2, Construction
Have you built an underground plant and aerial plant? If the answer is yes, please read on!
Responsible for overseeing/monitoring and possibly assisting with the activities of construction contractors to ensure residential and commercial construction projects or system maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards. Administers aspects of construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning as well as timely project activity reporting. Acts as lead in teams and projects and has strong project management skills. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline and is able to effectively manage multiple projects that are occurring simultaneously. Works with moderate guidance in own area of expertise. Must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with highly technical individuals as well as customers that may have little technical knowledge.
Must have previous Telecommunication Cable Construction Hands-On Experience
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Performs quality control to ensure projects are meeting current specifications that will change based upon the architecture being built
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer