Engineer 2, Network Engineering
Responsible for the design, implementation, operational support of the Commercial Provisioning with a focus on Cellular Backhaul and Carrier Ethernet. Provides in-depth technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing, and operations of networks, systems, processes, technologies, etc. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex, fast paced, and crucial environment.
- Analyzes customer orders and request in both pre and post-sale.
- Creates detailed design and bill of materials
- Build sites, equipment, and services in Comcast inventory system
- Generate, verify, and load all network configurations necessary for the activation of customer service
- Ability to troubleshoot customer and system issues
- Scripting experience a plus (PERL, Python)
- General understanding of MEF standards
- Strong organization and prioritization skills a must
- Knowledge of the following protocols/technologies: MPLS, BGP, L2VPN, optical transport, cmts
Test and Turn Up, Deployment, Design, Other Provisioning Teams, Capacity, Product Engineering, and all other teams related to Commercial Provisioning and Deployment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Network inventory experience preferred.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills a must.
- Large Service Provider experience preferred
- Ability to complete tasks with little or no supervision
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: Associates Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
Certifications: Associate level Networking certification a plus (Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, MEF)
Years of Experience: Generally requires 2-3 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.