Java Developer - Engineer 4
Job Title – Java Developer-Engineer 4
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- 8-12 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
We are looking for motivated software engineers who can utilize their knowledge of Core & Enterprise Java, Spring microservices, Kafka, Analytics, Big Data Technologies and databases to implement high quality solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality software development following agile principles and help install and operate systems in a continuous delivery model. The selected person should be a team worker who has experience working along with a geographically distributed team. Strong analytical, programing and troubleshooting skills to understand, analyze business requirements and build quality deliverables or operate and sustain complex systems.
- Interfaces with development team and other technical/functional architects to ensure that most efficient solutions are designed to meet business needs
- Thoroughly analyze business requirements, user stories and functions, evaluate available solution options and implement a well-engineered, operable solution delivered on schedule
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs and optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Practice test-driven development in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot issues, find root causes, suggest and implement workarounds, evaluate possible fixes and implement the best solution
- Tracks and documents requirements, defects fixes etc.
- Present solutions, design and defect fixes to senior architects and leads
- Developing strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Plans and designs new or upgraded systems. Interacts with departments to implement improvements in process
- Works with and help fellow engineers to constructively resolve issues, requirements and other work items
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and expertise:
- Must have experience with core and enterprise Java, Spring microservices and JPA
- Must have working knowledge of Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Pig, Hive etc
- Must have experience with selecting, configuring and implementing analytics solutions
- Exposure to tools like Kafka, Zookeeper along with understanding of Linux fundamentals will be an added advantage.
- Well versed with Continuous integration and delivery, Jenkins, Ansible and other CDCI technologies
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, Ant etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer