.Net Software Engineer 3
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications. Create and maintain documentation of all development activity. Train non-technical personnel. Assist with tracking performance metrics. Integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. Act as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projectswhile sharing yourexpertise.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conduct analysis to determine integration needs.
- Design new software and web applications, support applications under development, and customize current applications.
- Develop software update process for existing applications. Assist in the rollout of software releases. Train others on internally developed software applications.
- Actively research, write, and edit design documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. -Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Display expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired skills and experience:
- BS (or equivalent experientially proven) Computer Science or similar discipline
- 7-10 years of experience as a software developer
- Presents well to management and communicates expectations
- Demonstrates leadership ability
- Builds stronger team, support management with choosing the right tool, technology
- Is a good designer to implement newer solutions
- Provides technical guidance, monitors Level 1 & 2 engineers
- Identifies risk factors for projects and evaluates risk mitigation options
- Proactively assumes advanced and/or complex work projects/problem solving
- Is motivated to learn and grow
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum and in-depth knowledge of technical requirements mentioned below
Core technical Requirements:
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming, SOA
- Microsoft development tools including VS 2015 and TFS
- Strong understanding of RDBMS database design and concepts
- Experience in Angular 5, typescript, Entity Framework, webapi & .net core 2.0 is a plus
- Experience with ETL using SSIS is a plus
- Experience in designing and consuming API
- Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, SOAP)
- Microsoft Stack Developer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer