Senior Cloud Engineer (OpenStack)
Engineers within the Network Services Engineering (NSE) platform team need to bring a special mix of unique talents and abilities in order to confront the novel challenges we tackle head-on every day. You will be at the forefront of real-world deployment of large virtualized networking platforms and services, working in a collaborative, agile environment to design, develop, and deploy Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and other related products and services at Comcast.
- Consistently works with leads, matrix teams of experts, project managers, and other engineers to drive technology that provides for smooth introduction of new products and features.
- Work within virtual teams to shorten our RD and Design cycle for new products and network evolution.
- Contributes to achievement of long-term objectives and plans.
- Develops requirements, design, development, integration, test of network projects/products and decisions serve as precedents for future issues.
- Develops expertise in emerging technologies, products, and techniques to contribute back to the project.
- Develops or utilizes DevOps automation to deploy software and perform continuous integration (CI) testing. Participates in operational support for always-on custom and packaged software systems.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Detailed technical understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem and open source hypervisor technologies (Xen, KVM).
- Demonstrated experience supporting large-scale, elastic, highly-available cloud environment orchestration on one or more of OpenStack, AWS, Google, or Azure
- Hands on experience with virtualization acceleration technologies in Intel (DPDK, SR-IOV, VPP)
- Experience with Scrum, TDD and DevOps/Continuous Integration such as Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Gerrit
- Experience with monitoring tools and alerting systems such as Zabbix, Nagios, OpsView, HP OpenView, NewRelic, or Big Brother
- Knowledge of Linux and common Linux applications (Kernel tuning, iptables, MySQL, RabbitMQ, HAproxy, Apache).
- Knowledge networking concepts and administration (TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE, Openvswitch, Load balancing, etc. In particular, BGP a big plus)
- Working knowledge of computer security concepts and techniques (encryption, stateful firewalls, ACLs, intrusion detection, packet analysis)
- Experience in 24x7 DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work independently with minimal supervision in an agile (SCRUM) environment
- Software experience, preferably using python frameworks (django, flask).
- Development/Coding Experience with OpenStack (Neutron preferred)
- Working knowledge of Dockers/Containers, Fleet/ Kubernetes Container Management
- Designing and developing scalable web services using RESTful or SOAP services with related technologies such as JSON and XML
- Hands on Experience in Oracle/MongoDB/MySQL/Cassandra
- Experience in testing frameworks such as JUnit, Ant
- Experience in Multi-threading, Performance Tuning, or Complex Data Model projects
- Good experience with Software Defined Networking models (Yang/Netconf/yaml) , solid understanding of the SDN/NFV controllers architecture like Tail-F, Contrail, Versa, Nuage, Cyan, Onos, OpenDaylight, etc.
- Experience with Virtual Router (Alacatel Lucent VRS, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade), VNF (vLB, vFW, v DNS)
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.