Director, Field Operations
Responsible for providing both strategic direction and day-to-day management of field operations including technical aspects of field programs. Works cross-functionally and collaborates closely with other senior leaders to ensure achievement of targeted objectives. Provides leadership, strategic direction, and effective coordination of activities in order to ensure market profitability and customer satisfaction. Develops and manages budget set for department/functional area including operating expenses, capital budget, forecasting and strategic planning for the department.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas .
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Drive the Customer Experience through promotion of the Net Promoter System (NPS) and Score.
- Develop and implement business strategies across the Technical Operations organization to meet established service metrics and quality assurance goals.
- Responsible for end-to-end network performance for homes passed and all service delivery and fulfillment services for subscribers.
- Partners with Learning and Development to maintain a continuous learning environment for employee skill development and career growth
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with cross-functional organizations to ensure effective implementation of methods and procedures as well as to identify expedient and comprehensive solutions to customer-impacting issues.
- Leads, directs, and motivates a team comprised of management, exempt, and non-exempt employees.
- Participates in the hiring, training, and development of the Technical Operations staff to ensure that personnel development and company financial goals are achieved.
- Directs the successful execution of the field workforce function to include dispatching of work, routing of work, disposition of work, building of quota, quota adherence, and all field support activities (call handling, job updates, tech support, text/chat handling, pre/post calling), ticketing, ticket tracking and handling, escalations, field communications, reporting, and automation tool and handheld support.
- Tracks and reports on key trends in workforce management such as missed/late appointments, technician support response time, work order statuses, job routing, technician productivity, dispatcher productivity, and tool utilization success rate.
- Builds Workforce Planners that ensure the appropriate level of dispatch resources needed to support the field Technicians.
- Develops and refines the management strategy for the department. Ensures consistent and effective practices and procedures.
- Compiles explanations and action plans for monthly metric review.
- Assists Area teams with contractor performance and capacity planning.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer