Software Development Engineer 2
- Java based Development experience in micro services using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Stream in a Linux environment over Cloud Foundry / AWS ecosystem
- In-depth Experience with Messaging Middleware / Queues : Kafka, Zookeeper,
- Working knowledge of Continuous integration and delivery, Jenkins, Ansible and other CDCI technologies
- Experience with connecting to different Databases : Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Implements/Enhances Java based backend applications using industry and Company technology standards. Develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps implements tactical and strategic technology solutions. Peer reviews codes and verifies that the object oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Analyzes and drives issues through closure. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality software development following Agile principles and help install and operate systems in a continuous delivery model. The selected person should be a team worker who has experience working along with a geographically distributed team. Strong analytical, programing and troubleshooting skills to understand, analyze business requirements and build quality deliverables or operate and sustain complex systems.
- Part of development efforts of 12 factor BSS micro services using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Stream, Cloud Foundry, AWS, and NoSql (Cassandra) in an agile environment for an enthusiastic devops team
- Ensures programs are developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with development team and other technical/functional architects to ensure that most efficient solutions are developed to meet business need.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Develops and enhances new or upgraded systems based on specific requirements, working in conjunction with Senior Engineers / Architects.
- Implements the defined solution architecture (both tactical and strategic) to fully manage/support enterprise needs, services, systems and technology management.
- Shares knowledge with team members in relevant technologies and implementation.
- Practice test-driven development in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and expertise:
- Hands-on experience with the Technology stack mentioned above
- Experience with developing and enhancing APIs for an enterprise / carrier-grade application which can be consumed by various frontends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer