Engineer 2, IP Edge CMTS
- Diagnose highly complex problems and design long term fixes.
- Prepare written reports and other technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Contribute and lead the definition of operational and support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
- Proactively manage and monitor all production National CMTS environments for any issues using all tools and resources available.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex DOCSIS 3.0, 3.1, and PON impairments.
- Actively work with engineering groups and teams to ensure proper understanding of all National CMTS initiatives.
- Must perform operational guidance towards other members of the National CMTS team.
- Plan and coordinate technical meetings to support company initiatives.
- Provides technical guidance and detailed support for National CMTS teams.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 environment, all shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years' work experience in ISP/MSO environment.
- At least 2 years of detailed hands-on troubleshooting of complex large scale CMTS /RF/ TCP/IP networks with a minimum of two years in an ISP/MSO-like environment.
- Extremely well developed communication skills and a customer-centric attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of the following protocols: DOCSIS1/2/3,ISIS,RIP,OSPF,BGP,SNMP,HSRP,IPv6, Multicast and other management defined protocols.
- Advanced understanding of ACLs, prefix lists, firewalls and other security methods and best practices.
- Advanced Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IP Provisioning and IP Management
- Advanced knowledge of IPv6, VoIP/PacketCable, DOCSIS, and DSCP.
- Knowledge for QoS/DSCP infrastructure in support of VoIP services/products.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network related problems escalated from other organizations within the company.
- Define operational support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
- Ability to review and create technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines..
- Detailed knowledge of Unix, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Knowledge of highly complex network infrastructures and multiple products residing on them.
- Bachelor of Science or Applied Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, military and/or industrial Engineering experience.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer