Community Impact Employee Engagement Manager
Be a part of a leading media and technology company's community impact team in one of its largest marketCalifornia. The manager is responsible for implementing policies and programs which promote the Company's standing in the community. Creates and manages a robust employee engagement program. Develops and maintains strong Internal/external business relationships ensuring a successful corporate/community Partnerships. Represents the organization at community gatherings and/or forums. Supports the integrated business practices and planning efforts for employee engagement, civic engagement, philanthropy, and corporate responsibility investment and reporting; manages and creates relationships with leading corporations, civic engagement and service organizations. Serves as Subject Matter Expert and provides guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in development and meeting of departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our Communities
- Leads the California Region's community impact employee engagement programs and initiatives.
- Creates and executes innovative community impact employee engagement programs and initiatives that result in an increase of employee engagement.
- Manages community impact ambassador program to support employee volunteerism in the community.
-Writes/edits significant internal and external communications pieces including executive-level speeches, talking points, articles, reports, briefing documents and materials.
-Project manages executive leadership tours and events.
-Produces community impact and employee engagement campaigns/initiatives with measurable outcomes.
-Promotes community investment and impact to internal audiences.
-Tracks measurable outcomes of community impact employee engagement partnerships/initiatives/investments.
-Develops strategic approach to community impact and investment that is mutually beneficial for all parties involved.
-Partners with internal cross-functional teams to engage employees, departments and employee resource groups in community impact programs and initiatives.
- Develops, manages, and staffs community events throughout the region.
- Identifies and coordinates community events, contributions, and sponsorships designed to support business objectives and public and policy initiatives as designated
by the company.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with other corporations to enhance viable community programs.
- Maintains a close relationship with key people in community groups.
- Analyzes the needs of the residents of the community as well as plans and implements ways and means in which the company and its employees may become more involved and more effective in meeting those needs.
- Communicates to the company's entities the strategic direction of community investment programs, events, and activities.
- Interfaces with non-profit organizations applying for corporate support or foundation grants to classify program purpose, set measurable goals and budget, and identify public recognition opportunities.
- Assists with details and logistics for community and cause marketing special events; develops strategies to generate media coverage.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven ability to attain measurable results for corporate social responsibility/community impact/employee engagement program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to generate results in fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Willingness to travel
- Must be flexible and adaptable to evolving priorities, teams and work environments
- Willingness to work with a variety of teams with diverse skillsets and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Corporate Social Responsibility/ Communications/ Public Relations/ External Affairs/ Public Affairs
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 8-10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer