Vice President, External Affairs
The Vice President, External Affairs serves in a critical business role for the region, helping the Company define and communicate its brand and further develop its reputation in the communities it serves. As the primary external touch point and "ambassador" for the Company in the region, the Vice President, External Affairs will be responsible for managing all external affairs activities for the entire region, including government affairs, communications, community, media and public relations.
- 15+ years of government affairs and senior media/public relations experience with global, highly-competitive companies.
- Deep knowledge of the local and state political environment and media markets, and preferably established relationships with political, community and media leaders in the key Comcast markets.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a high-performing government affairs, external affairs and communications team responsible for media relations, government relations, community impact, and external partnerships.
- Strong knowledge of business and ability to build and develop strong partnerships with each of the internal stakeholders. Understanding their organizations and how each partnership can be mutually supportive
- Understanding of the evolving technology landscape (web, mobile, social) and ability to articulate a vision as to what to expect on the horizon and impact on function.
- Ability to apply performance management rigor, to hire, mentor, coach and develop direct reports and other high-potential managers to be the best that they can be, while ensuring they are in the right roles.
- Ability to build cohesive messages for customers, employees, and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of customer needs and sentiment and integrates insights into messages that "delight" our customers.
- Works effectively cross functionally in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in public relations or crisis management preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer