Responsible for operating, deploying as well as managing, and continuously improving Home Security equipment and network. Position focuses on deploying and stabilizing Home Security and Home Automation technologies, services, networks, systems, tools and driving standardization, automation, and service focused instrumentation. Contributes to command and control-related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration.
- Skills in Areas of Focus: Knowledge of Linux and Zigbee. Ability to write scripts in BASH, EXPECT, PERL and PHP. Understanding of UNIX is essential. Knowledge of networking is a MUST. Knowledge of IPV6 is essential. Must be proficient in writing scripts. Understanding of SNMP is necessary as well as networking. Understanding of how to extract, analyze and interpret data as needed. Oracle SQL, Teradata and Hadoop database experience is plus.
- Support all Xfinity Home products and services, including all in home equipment as well as back office infrastructure and support tools. Debug Linux, Android, ZigBee and wireless devices in the home to identify installation, hardware and firmware issues. Manage product firmware, whitelists and blacklists. Identifying product gaps and creating tools to improve the efficiency of the Field and install operations. Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages.
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during medium outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems, focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and stabilizing products following established change management processes. Accountable for configuration management techniques, ensuring infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant with standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues.
- Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of supervision andguidance. Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriateresources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies,and processes. Ensures projects and initiatives are adhering to Companystandards.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of resultsand feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, andprovides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensuressuccessful project implementation.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architecturalchanges to existing products.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data statewithin a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineeringand ensures all maintenance is properly validated to minimize impact.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Attains industry standard certifications and education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to support 24x7 on-call responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Certifications: Linux+, Oracle, Red Hat, CCNA, CCNA Wireless
- Years' Experience: Generally requires 3-5 years of related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer