Business Intelligence Manager
As the Business Intelligence Manager-Revenue Opportunity you be an influential business advisor who will lead an innovative and analytical team who will focus on driving revenue with the leadership team by leveraging sales analytics, driving inventory optimization, and supporting enterprise pricing strategies. The ideal candidate for this job would have the ability to effectively communicate with senior leadership, strong management skills, the ability to translate complex data into action steps for the organization, and has a strong analytical mindset.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Partner with the Manager of Pricing & Planning and the corporate yield team to support enterprise pricing practices and cadence of pricing analysis and review.
- Serve as the Pricing & Planning point of contact to the Director of Finance, RVP and Region Sales leads, evaluating the needs of the business and determining levels of support across functional areas of expertise
- Work with Director of Finance to identify and implement best practices, driving to better efficiency with our tools and simplification cross departmental processes.
- Leverage the connection between the Pricing & Planning teams and the Sales Analytics teams to drive revenue opportunity strategies.
- Partners with senior management to support business planning and operational processes throughout the year.
-Analyzes financial and operational data/performance metrics, communicates findings and risks, and makes suggestions to improve processes.
-Supports business unit management and other departments with informational requests and special projects.
-Possesses understanding of Company policies and procedures and continually implements and reviews policies and procedures for consistency.
-Trains, supervises, and develops Finance staff. Manages the day-to-day performance of the Finance team and makes suggestions to upper management for work performance improvement.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent: Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, or Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, or Microstrategy tools.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer